A) ANQ confirms any membership is on an organization basis but not on an individual basis, and individuals are representing the organization they belong to.
B) Recognizing the need for opportunity for all member organizations participating in sharing information, discussion, decision and resolution, ANQ forms the General Assembly , role of which includes;
- Confidence vote on candidate for Chair Organization The general assembly should be held in every two year.
C) Recognizing the need for a board, ANQ forms the Board with following rules;
- The Board Organization is composed of the four founding organizations,
CAQ, CSQ (Chinese Taipei), JSQC and KSQM, and several other organizations.
- Any of the four founding organizations cannot decline to be a Board Organization.
- Any additional organization should
i. Cover membership fee of Board members
ii Have made remarkable contribution to the ANQ
iii Be recognized for excellent quality culture in the region
iv Have a strong will and sufficient capability to contribute to ANQ
v. Be seconded by at least one of the Board organizations
vi Be approved by the Board
- Each Board Organization appoints two Board Directors for involvement in ANQ Board.
- The Board holds its regular meetings twice a year and any special meeting as necessary.
- A quorum of the Board is its 60% or more organizations.
- An alternate is acceptable when official Board Directors cannot attend the meeting, if informed in advance for approval.
- A Board organization may dispatch (a) delegate(s) to the Board Meeting as (an) observer(s) if necessary.
D) ANQ forms Chair Organization with following rules;
- Chair organization is nominated by the Board and approved by the vote of confidence in General Assembly.
- The term for responsibility of Chair is two years with consecutive reappointment once (i.e. maximum four years).
- Chair organization appoints Chairperson and Secretary General . Also Chairperson can appoint a few Vice Chairperson s.
- The Chairperson can form his/her advisory group (Chair's Advisory Group: CAG ) for his/her own term.
Terms of reference of CAG will include the following;
- Provision of support for the ANQ strategic planning as requested by the Chair.
- Coordination and facilitation of the work of various committees.
Any other tasks directed by the ANQ Chairperson.
The ANQ Chairperson appoints a Chair for the CAG.
The Chair is responsible to report back the studies on the relevant subject matters to ANQ Chairperson.
The Chair for the CAG is expected to use and facilitate any resources including members of CAG.
The Chairs of various technical committees become de facto members. Chair of a technical committee, if not a board member shall be invited to attend ANQ Board meetings.
The ANQ Chairperson can appoint additional members.
Chair CAG becomes invitee to the ANQ board. He has no voting right.
- Chair Organization and ANQ Congress* hosting organization are logically different, but could also be the same.
E) Retiring /Retired Chairperson
A retiring chairperson is automatically to be "Honorary Board Director".
Among Honorary Board Directors, only a few exceptional former ANQ Chairpersons, who have made outstanding contribution to ANQ activities and have the potential to make substantial contribution with personal devotion in future, will be given the title of Honorary Chairperson of ANQ.
Honorary Chairperson Position is not limited to a term. He or She can continue to be the Honorary Chairperson till he or she feels and / or the Board Feels they can not continue to make significant contribution.
A person remains as Honorary Board Director till the person is continuing to make significant contribution to the ANQ activities. The position is not limited by a term.
Honorary Board Director and Honorary Chairperson, becomes permanent invitee to the ANQ Board.