- Back ground
- Estimated numbers of the submission papers will be much more than the total available slits.
- The levels of papers are so much validated.
- We need to invite papers from all of the member bodies.
- Selection body will not be just one group of close peoples. We need some basic procedure to select the presenters. Basic Principles
- We need to improve the quality of papers/presentations.
- Selection process should be transparent.
- It should be fair for all of the presentations.
- We should minimize the cancellations.
- Work load for the selection process should be minimized,
- Poster sessions can be introduced as a buffer.
- Numbers of the presentation sessions should be 4-5.
- Selection process should be two stages. Local evaluation and evaluation by program committee.
- If a paper submitted from out-side of ANQ organization(e.g. Europe, U.S. or
so), program committee will evaluate them.
- Suggested procedure:
- If the numbers of submitted papers are 1 or 2 from an organization, we should
- If an organization submits more than 3, each organization should establish
“local evaluation committee.”
- Local evaluation committee should evaluate the quality of the submitted papers
and stratify them into following categories.
- Excellent (Recommend to oral session.) : top ５０% of the submitted papers.
- OK : next 25% of the submitted papers. They should be put the rank
- So (Recommend to poster session): 25% of the submitted papers
Note: Numbers of the % should be given from program committee, after number
of all of the submitted papers will be fixed.
- The program committee will allocate “Excellent” to oral sessions and “SoSo” to
poster sessions according to the topics.
- “OK”s and papers from outside ANQ (totally 30-40 papers)should be evaluated
by the program committee and allocate.
We can use the information of the ”Rank”, e.g. if Rank 4 is OK, all of 1-3 can be OK.
- Best paper award selection process can be independent from this.
- If a presenter cancel the presentation, the organization where he/she belongs should lose 3% from “Excellent” % from the next year. When numbers become too
small as a total, we should add some to all.